ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
B.COM SEMESTER I & II
OC-66 ORDINANCE RELATING TO THE THREE YEAR CHOICE BASED CREDIT SYSTEM PROGRAMES OF BACHELOR OF ARTS, BACHELOR OF ARTS (HONOURS), BACHELOR OF COMMERCE, BACHELOR OF COMMERCE (HONOURS), BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, BACHELOR OF SCIENCE (HONOURS) DEGREES (under Section 24(1) of Goa University Act, 1984) (effective from the academic year 2017-18).
Choice Based credit System (CBCS) provides choice for students to select from the prescribed courses. Under the CBCS, the requirement for awarding a Degree is prescribed in terms of number Credits to be completed by the students.
- To bring the undergraduate curriculum on par with the model curriculum recommended by the University Grants Commission.
- To impart quality education on par with international standards.
- To offer new, relevant and need-based courses.
- To inculcate in students, responsibility and self-discipline in the learning process.
- To enable students to acquire specific skills in keeping with their area of study.
- To make the evaluation system continuous and more objective.
- To provide a choice to the student in choosing their course.
1.2 Degree to be Awarded
Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts (Honours)/ Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)/ Bachelor of Science (Honours)
1.3 Duration of Course
The afore mentioned Degree Courses shall each have duration of three academic years. Every academic year shall consist of two semesters.
OC-66.2 ELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
Eligibility for admission leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Commerce/ Bachelor of Science/Bachelor of Arts (Honours)/ Bachelor of Commerce (Honours)/ Bachelor of Science (Honours) shall be as follows:
2.1 Eligibility for admission to Semester I & II (in the first year) B.A./ B.Com/ B.Sc./B.A.
(Hon.) /B.Com. (Hon) /B.Sc(Hon.) Programme:
(A) : To be eligible for admission to the Semester I of the Three Years Programme leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Arts/ Commerce/ Bachelor of Arts (Hon)/ Commerce (Hon) the candidate should have passed:
- The Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std.XII) examination conducted by the Goa Board of Secondary and higher Secondary Education in any Stream, including Vocational stream in the subject notified by the University from time to time. OR
- Std XII Arts/Science/Commerce or similar examination of another body, equivalent to Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education, Goa, and recognized as such by Goa university.
(B) : To be eligible for admission to the Semester I of the Three year Programme leading to the Degree of Bachelor of Science/ Bachelor of Science (Hon) the candidate shall have passed:
- The Higher Secondary School Certificate (Std. XII) examination conducted by the Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education in the Science stream or Vocational Stream in the subject notified by the University from time to time. OR
- Std XII Science or a similar examination of another body, equivalent to Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education Goa and recognized as such by Goa University.
(C) : A candidate not cover under any of the above categories but desirous of seeking admission to the said course may apply to the college. However, the Registrar along with the Dean of concern Faculty and Chairperson(s) of Board(s) of Studies of concerned subjects shall decide the eligibility.
(D) : A candidate not cover under any of the above categories but desirous of seeking admission to the said course may apply to the college. However, the Registrar along with the Dean of concern Faculty and Chairperson(s) of Board(s) of Studies of concerned subjects shall decide the eligibility.
(E) : A candidate migrating from another recognised University and desirous of direct admission to Semester-II may be considered for admission provided he/she has cleared/passed First Term/Semester-I examination of the University with those subjects for which admission is sought and undertakes to successfully compete the other compulsory Courses of Semester-I.
B.COM SEMESTER III & IV
- A candidate who has registered and have requisite attendance for Semester I and Semester II shall be eligible for admission to Semester III.
- A candidate migrating from any other Recognised University may be considered for admission to Semester-III of B.Com. provided (a) he/she has passed the First Year Com. examination in all subjects from that University, (b) he/ she had offered at the First Year the same subjects as prescribed under Major category available under the scheme of this University, (c) he/she undertakes to successfully complete the compulsory IT / EVS syllabus prescribed by this University for Semester I and II, If he/she has not already done so in the previous University. Result of Semester IV examination shall be withheld if the candidate fails to fulfill this undertaking.
- A candidate admitted for Semester III shall be deemed eligible for admission to Semester IV.
- A candidate from another Recognised University may be considered for direct admission to Semester-IV of B.Com provided he/she fulfills the conditions in (a), (b) and (c) at (B) above and in addition, has passed/cleared Semester Ill/ First Term Examination of the Second Year B.Com.examination of that University. However, the Result of Semester IV examination shall be withheld if the candidate does not fulfill these conditions.
B.COM:· SEMESTER V & VI:
- A candidate who has been declared passed in all the Subjects and Papers of Semester I to IV exam shall be eligible for admission to Semester V.
- A candidate migrating from any other Recognised University may be considered for admission to Semester-V of B.Com. programme provided (a) he/she has passed the Second Year B.Com. examination in all subjects from that University, and (b) he/she had offered at the Second Year the same subjects as prescribed under Major category available under the scheme of this University. A candidate fulfilling these condition shall be eligible for admission to only Semester V.
- A candidate already admitted for Semester V shall be deemed eligible for admission to Semester VI.
- Direct admission to Sem VI shall not be permitted.
- In case of any student seeking admission from other colleges from Goa, request for admission will be considered on its own merit and only for clear vacant' seats, if any; provided he/she has cleared all the Papers of preceding Semesters, maintained required attendance in the previous college and bears a good moral character and behaviour.
- A candidate migrating from another University and desirous of admission to Semester III or V should contact Goa University for finding his / her Eligibility.
- The candidate, should have a good moral conduct and behaviour in the preceding Semesters to get admission to this college.
- The Age of the student should be below 23 years at the time of I Semester admission.
PROCEDURE FOR ADMISSION
Admissions for the First Year classes will start immediately after the declaration of the results of the Goa Board of Higher Secondary School Certificate Examination. The Admissions will continue for the specific time period only. Only those students willing to abide by the rules and regulations of the College may seek the admission. No admission to any course shall be given after one month from the beginning of the First Term.
Students who have passed XII Standard (HSSCE) Goa Board of Secondary and Higher Secondary Education are eligible for admission to the First Year B.Com course.
The task of issuing “eligibility” has been taken over by the University from the academic year 1998-99 vide Circular No./GU/I/Elgb/1999/99/17069 dated 23.3.99. Students will be admitted provisionally, subject to the payment of fees, etc. students who have passed an Equivalent Examination through any other recognized Board may also be temporarily admitted on production of a Provisional Certificate of Eligibility from the Goa University. Their admissions will be confirmed only after the submission of the Final Eligibility Certificate issued by the Registrar of Goa University before the end of the Academic Year, failing to which the results of the students concerned will not be declared and their admission will be rendered null and void. The student can also visit www. Goa University (Academic Section) for further details on the issue of eligibility certificate.
All the courses offered by the college are full-time, those students who are employed will not be given admission, unless a No Objection Certificate” from the employer is produced. Employed students will not be given any special preference.
All the rules and regulations of the College shall be applicable to the employed students.
Since the number of seats are limited (based on University directives) the admissions will be strictly based on merit and on the following criteria:
- Percentage of marks.
- Application for admission within the specific time.
- Character Certificate from the Head of the Institution last attended.
- Place of Residence.
At the time of admission, the applicants should be accompanied strictly by either of their parents. Admissions of the students will be confirmed only in the presence of his/her parents.
While applying for admissions to the B.Com. (Sem I & II) Courses, the students should submit the following documents:
- HSSCE/Equivalent Examination's Statement of Marks in original with two photocopies, dully attested.
- HSSCE Passing Certificate in original with the two photocopies of each, duly attested.
- Higher Secondary School Leaving Certificate in original with two photocopies, dully attested.
- Provisional Eligibility Certificate issued by Goa University to those students who have passed Std. XIIth or Equivalent Examination through any other recognized Board and Migration Certificate with three attested Xerox Copies.
After the initial screening of the Admission Form, the student will have to present himself/herself for an interview with the Admissions Committee accompanied by a parent or a reasonable guardian. The list of the eligible students and the interview timings will be displayed on the Notice Board.
A student seeking admission will have to sign an undertaking that he/she will abide by the rules of discipline & proper conduct of this College. This undertaking will have to be countersigned by the parent/guardian as well.
Any student from the outside the state seeking admission to the college should produce his/her valid identity proof-adhar card/identity card issued by previous institutions/passport, credit/debit card with photo, updated nationalized bank pass book with photo, etc. In case the student is from Non-English medium, he/she has to pass a proficiency test in English.
All admissions are valid for one year only and therefore have to be renewed for the subsequent year(s). The Principal of the College has full authority to refuse admission to a student for the Second Year or the Third Year, depending upon the character and general conduct of the student during the previous year(s).the decision of the Principal in this regard will be final and abiding. Admission formalities to the Second and Third year students have to be completed within the period notified on the Notice Board. Delay beyond due date will not be entertained.
Ordinarily, no admission for the Second/Third year will be granted to any student who has not completed First/Second Year in this College, and there will be no re-admissions to the same class or course.
A Transference Certificate, with Three Xerox copies (mentioning therein the enrolment No. and the letter No. under which their enrollment was confirmed by the Goa University) is necessary for a student seeking admission from any other College from Goa State, in this College to a higher class